Tuesday, November 22

Over The River And Through The Woods

It would be fair to say that a lot has happened since we last posted here. In particular, I have been obscenely busy at work, with all three of my classes having exams last week which needed to be written and proctored and graded in addition to some extra review sessions. Also, I had a research collaborator up for a day to chat about our research and to give a colloquium talk, and I had a one day conference in the Big City we used to live in, so K. took advantage of the visit to play with her goddaughter and we ate at my favorite restaurant in the world. As if that wasn't enough, my campus has been depbating major campus political issues taking up lots of everyone's time and energy, and I have several deadlines that have passed and several more to come. Oh, and somewhere in there was my birthday, complete with various small celebrations and a trip to a nearby town to see Jeff Tweedy.

So yes, it's been very very busy. And that's just my stuff, and K's life hasn't exactly been bon bons and HGTV-watching either. We haven't had time to blog, let alone time to do anything with the house which is remotely blog-worthy, except for a brief and fruitless trip to a furniture store to try to look at sofas.

This week we will have all the time in the world to blog, but we will be spending it at my 92-year old grandmother's house (yes, the one who gave us her china) and while I haven't explicitly asked her, something tells me that she doesn't have Wifi. So you'll have to live another week or so without us.

Happy Thanksgiving, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home