Sunday, May 14

Ch-ch-ch-changes

D. says that my guiding philosophy is "Why finish a project when I can start two new ones?" I admit that I have a tendency to want to do everything at one, and that is even more exaggerated in the garden where I don't have D. to hold me back and I'm often working in small chunks of time.

So I've done some work in fits and starts. I moved the rain barrel to the other end of the yard:


But I haven't actually drilled the hole and connected the drainpipe. That opened the space in the backbed:

That's a beautiful rock sculpture that we bought from the artist on our honeymoon in Nova Scotia. This gives it a really prominent position, but doesn't it make the white drainpipe stand out? What can I do about it? Should I paint the whole trellis wall white? Or dark green?

Actually, I also moved that piece of limestone in front of that bed, so I can have a place to stand when I'm weeding.


You can see my other project: trying to plant moss between the back bed and the lawn. I harvested the moss from the alley next to our house:


Based on something I once saw on Martha Stewart, I coated the bottom of each piece with yogurt and stuck it to the rock or soil where I wanted it:



Here's to the moss thriving!

1 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think my husband could say I have the same philosophy. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home