Sunday, May 14

Ch-ch-ch-changes

D. says that my guiding philosophy is "Why finish a project when I can start two new ones?" I admit that I have a tendency to want to do everything at one, and that is even more exaggerated in the garden where I don't have D. to hold me back and I'm often working in small chunks of time.

So I've done some work in fits and starts. I moved the rain barrel to the other end of the yard:


But I haven't actually drilled the hole and connected the drainpipe. That opened the space in the backbed:

That's a beautiful rock sculpture that we bought from the artist on our honeymoon in Nova Scotia. This gives it a really prominent position, but doesn't it make the white drainpipe stand out? What can I do about it? Should I paint the whole trellis wall white? Or dark green?

Actually, I also moved that piece of limestone in front of that bed, so I can have a place to stand when I'm weeding.


You can see my other project: trying to plant moss between the back bed and the lawn. I harvested the moss from the alley next to our house:


Based on something I once saw on Martha Stewart, I coated the bottom of each piece with yogurt and stuck it to the rock or soil where I wanted it:



Here's to the moss thriving!

2 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger J. Blobbom said...

Another moss idea:

Put buttermilk and moss into the blender. Blend. Pour onto areas where you want moss to grow. Wash blender thoroughly!

But apparently moss only likes certain kinds of soil. So it may not just grow anywhere.

Jay

 
At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Stacy said...

I think my husband could say I have the same philosophy. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home