Thursday, December 8

A Thousand Points of Twinkly Light

Twas the night before my students were coming over for dinner, and all through the house
We realized how silly the giant tree in the middle of our living room looked when it was as barren as our house

So even though K. had a lot to do and I was more than a bit gimpy
We decided it was the night to decorate our Christmas/Yule/Cha-noo-ka-hah Tree.

2005xmas0054


We started by getting out the many boxes of lights
And strung them all up so we could see through the night

Then up went the garlands, one as twinkly as the aforementioned lights
and the other one made in some foreign land and sold to us by Mennonites.

2005xmas0065

Over the next several hours we decorated the tree all happy and chipper
as we listened to christmas songs by Julie Andrews, The Chieftans, and Squirrel Nut Zippers.

This was our first tree together, so few of our ornaments had sentimental attachment butthatwasjustfine
Instead we hung mostly ornaments we got at Walmart for $3.99.

It took less than 10 minutes for me to break one of the glass balls
And we struggled with the top of the tree -- almost 8 feet tall.

We still want to string some popcorn and break out the Christmas wardrobes
but K. refuses to let me buy a Giant Inflatable Snow Globe.

By the end of the night the tree was decorated and that was perfect timing
So let me show you some pictures and spare you more of this stupid rhyming.


2005xmas0072

2005xmas0071

2005xmas0058

2005xmas0078

3 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Jess said...

This is surely the
Best Christmas poem ever.
(And an awesome tree.)

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful tree!

Heidi
http://statelyenglishmanor.typepad.com

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This year is also my first for my own real Christmas tree, so most of my ornaments are also from Walmart. In fact, I have the same small maroon bows, which I think are my favorite trimming!

Merry Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home