Friday, December 9

My Husband Is So Exasperating

He wrote two wonderful posts about our amazing tree, but he neglected certain key facts. So, I just have to blog for myself.

The tree is a Colorado Spruce and was grown on an organic tree farm. We paid for 7.5 feet of tree, but it seems like it must be taller than that, since it very nearly touches our 8'8" ceiling. It is 6 feet across at the widest point.

The first night especially it had the most incredible fragrance that filled the whole house.

It is the Prickliest, Most Painful tree EVER. Honestly, you can't even touch it because the needles hurt so much. We don't know why this is, because it looks like a normal un-painful tree. Which is why it's so crooked - the effort to right it was just so painful. It even gave D. a rash on his hands!

It drinks 1 gallon of water a day. I am the only one who remembers to do this.

Okay, that's all. Go about your business. And I'll get back to shoveling the snow (with the shovel my dear husband bought me last night). And dreaming about my real husband, Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy of Pemberley Estate:




And my other husband, Captain Frederick Wentworth of the Royal Navy:


3 Comments:

At 1:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...smalltown polygamy. Perhaps I should move there if the husbands all look like that...;-)
I remember we had a spruce as a child for Christmas, and boy were those needles painful! Keep watering that beast, because they get even more painful when it dries and the needles start to fall! It's certainly beautiful, especially against the beautiful woodwork.

Heidi
http://statelyenglishmanor.typepad.com

 
At 2:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! that's no captain frederick! that's gaius julius caesar!

http://www.hbo.com/rome/cast/character/julius_caesar.html

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger K. said...

And Mr. Rochester too:

http://www.aetv.com/global/listings/castbios.jsp?ACatId=287255&CaseId=287253&EGrpId=243895

My husbands are very multidimensional.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home