Tuesday, February 28

Question of the Day

What do you wear to a Shrove Tuesday Pancake Breakfast at the Fire Hall? I never seemed to have this problem in the city!

We live in the country, so I'm thinking people will be dressed casually. But I'm there to network, so I want to present myself like the Executive you want to hire. But the Executive you want to hire knows how to relate to the country people. It's a tough call.

I settled on blue jeans (casual) with a stretch cotton top and a blue wool blazer (Executive). And I didn't feel like I stood out. There were a lot of casually dressed people, retirees and moms, but the business people were dressed like they were about to head to work. Which of course they were, because it's Tuesday.

My host, a local marketing Executive, was a little more dressed up than me. Her blazer a turtleneck matched mine, but she had black slacks on to my jeans. Black slacks are pretty popular workplace attire hereabouts, especially with a solid colored top. Women in offices also tend toward color-coordinated "outfits" that you see in stores like DressBarn, with a solid and a print (preferably floral) that match spot-on.

Well, anyway, enjoy your pancakes and Fastnachts! I know I did.

2 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Blogger Gary said...

Always remember. You get one chance to make a first impression!

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger K said...

Oh God, not the "outfit." We get quite a bit of that here in Alabam'.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home