Monday, May 29

Burnout!

So the academic year is now over and it is summer. Time for me to get down to business and get serious about research. Unfortunately, I am still completely and utterly burnt out from finals and everything else that the end of the year brought, and so I am not being as productive as I would like. I don't feel like I can take time completely off -- I have several vacations planned for the summer, and a pretenure review in the fall looming -- but that would probably be a good idea. So instead I wake up every morning and try to start working. And I've been pretty good about getting an hour or two of work in before I get distracted by email and websurfing and playing video games. And then I keep pretending like I'm working, sometimes moving around the house to get away from the computer or away from K., until mid-afternoon when I give up and start working on other things around the house. Which isn't really being lazy, now is it?

After all, if I don't brew the beer then who will?

may0005 may0004

On second thought, don't answer that.

In addition to brewing beer, I have been doing some productive things around the house, spending an hour or so a day fighting with the roof of the shed and trying to tear it down. That's a project that is coming along slowly but surely, with a number of scars from rusty nails to show for it -- there's nothing wrong with that, is there? I've also been working on cleaning out the four seasons room (and not just because that is becoming the home of the Revivalized Brewery) and various other small projects around the house. I would post pictures, but K. has gone away for the weekend and taken the camera with her, so that will have to wait for another day.

1 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't sell yourself short--I consider brewing beer to be very productive.

Mmmmm, beer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home